A few weeks ago, I had to assist a Sage Pastel Consultant who was having problems uninstalling Pervasive SQL version 9.6.
Uninstalling the normal way by going to programs and features resulted in the progress bar getting stuck and not getting to 100%.
I downloaded and installed the following applications:
The computer was running as an administrator before attempting to uninstall so I was sure I had all the privileges.
Here is how I managed to uninstall Pervasive:
1. Open Revo Uninstaller
2. Select Pervasive SQL 9.6 and click Uninstall.
3. Click Ok to allow Pervasive to close before uninstalling.
4. Click Ok on the next windows that pops up. I am sure this error is the reason the registry keys for Pervasive wont get uninstalled.
5. Choose advanced mode to clean up left over registry keys and click Scan.
6. Select all registry keys then click delete then click next.
6. Clean up left over folders on this next step. Select all, click delete then finish.
Pervasive SQL has now been uninstalled and will not appear under programs and features. However there might be some folders that need manual deleting. Search for “PVSW” and “Pervasive” to check if any folders remained and delete them.
Remember I mentioned earlier on that pervasive registry keys wont delete even after using Revo Uninstaller.
7. Go to search and type regedit. Right click and select “run as administrator”
8. Navigate to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\
9. Right click “Pervasive Software” folder then click permissions.
10. The folder permissions should be as shown in this picture. Click Ok to close.
11. Right click the “Pervasive Software” folder again but this time choose delete.
An error will be displayed
12. Open Registrar Registry Manager Home
13. Open Registrar Registry Manager, choose Home edition. Navigate to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\
14. Right click Pervasive Software and click delete.
Notice that this time the folder will actually be deleted.
This solution worked for me, there are many other ways of solving this problem.